Friday, February 5, 2016

My Favorite KDramas 2.0

I was going to do the top 10, but it was too much for me in the last post. And just to be clear, these are also the dramas that I would totally watch over and over again (and for some, I have already). So, here's the other half of my favorite:

6. Sassy Go Go
          Hands down, this drama was one of the best of 2015. Okay, not the best best, but the one of the best nonetheless. Although it was rather short, I felt a roller coaster of emotions. (If you haven't noticed, that's pretty much what I look for in dramas). Anyway, I remember when it first came out and my friend had recommended it (although he never finished it) but I thought this name has pretty odd and didn't want to watch it. Hah, but lucky me, I saw a snippet of it on Facebook and it looked pretty intriguing. Don't be fooled, this drama has nothing to do with cheerleading, or rather really little. It focuses a lot more on friendship and loyalty between people.


7. Angry Mom
         I thought twice about putting this drama on the list, but I guess it was worth mentioning. While Angry Mom had many dark aspects because it included bullying, teenage pregnancy, corruption, ugh it was so messed up in so many ways. But at the same time, it was funny because of the ajumma-in-school gags. No joke, I re-watch this drama just for those scenes. I'll be honest, I couldn't stand the beginning so I read recaps for this drama and started watching at episode 10. BUT!!! I watched the whole thing again later in the year, so I guess I made up for it?

Heeeeh, my favorite ship(s)

8. Bad Guys
         This kind of drama was quite new to me. I guess I usually watch the youthful and romance dramas(?) but Bad Guys is nothing like that. Bad Guys was rather dark, oh, darker than Angry Mom. I guess it's because it is able to tackle these hush hush topics since it is cable TV? (I don't really know so I'm making stuff up; don't rely on me.) I just thought it was an interesting crime solving drama that instead of using detectives, used criminals as detectives. It's actually pretty gory too but I guess its captivating enough to be a must watch? Heh.


9. Mask
         Okay, Mask isn't necessarily one of my favorites, but I definitely enjoyed it while I was watching. I honestly don't know what I liked about the drama. Maybe I was watching just for the fleeting cute moments between the two main characters? Or maybe I just really wanted to know how the drama was going to end. Ugh, now that I think about it, some of the characters were so annoying. So yes, I definitely wanted to see the annoying characters' downfalls.


Okay, story time: I started watching this in class with my friend when we were supposed to be doing our project. When our teacher asked us what we were watching, I lied and told her I was getting video ideas for my project. But nope, I was starting my new drama obsession, so thank you for letting me watch in your class. ;)

10. Misaeng
         Honestly, I didn't know this was a good drama until I read good reviews on it on Dramabeans. Shout out to Dramabeans for letting me read your recaps and introducing me to new dramas, love you guys! I'll be honest, I remember this drama boring me in the beginning, but it made me look into my own life as well. I guess this was one of the motivational dramas, and while I identified with the main character, it sometimes made me worry about my future... ugh now I'm in tears just thinking about it.


11. Secret
         Sorry, I know it was supposed to be 10 but this made it 11. Secret is not really my favorite, but I thought I'd include it anyway since this drama was a crazy tearjerker; I think I cried for the first four episodes. This drama isn't one of the dramas I would watch again, since once was enough. I don't want to cry again. But let me tell you this, the main leads are so cute and I was so excited when I heard that they were going to be the main leads of Kill Me, Heal Me (see other list). I seriously love them, they're like the best actress and actor ever. I always cry whenever they cry and laugh whenever they laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment