Thursday, February 25, 2016

My Idols Grew Up, And So Did I

While I was trying to sleep last night, I just realized how long I've been following my favorite groups. For Infinite, its been about 4 years. For 2PM, it's been 5 years. When I am first introduced to a group, it's natural for me to search up the group and know about the members. At that time, the members were probably in their early 20's, but it never occurred to me that 5 years later they would be in their late 20's and nearing 30's. I know it's confusing, but what I'm trying to say is that to me, they'll forever be the same age as when I searched them up.


So yesterday, I was watching Infinite Showtime, and in the episode, they had free time to do whatever they want. This reminded me of Infinite Sesame Player, but at that time when they had free time, they were trying to run away from their manager and go out to play. This time, they just resorted to eating and sleeping. I don't know if it's just the program or them, but it seems like they kind of lost the spark and left their youth in the past. It's like that point in life when all you want to do is sleep and rest. Not to mention, they were fairly new (aka rookies) when Infinite Sesame Player came out and now, they've been idols for a little more than 5 years. By this time, they're probably tired because face it, being a celebrity is hard.

Earlier, I wrote about how I wanted to watch some variety shows. I think part of the reason why I shifted from watching variety shows to dramas is that my sense of humor has changed. Variety shows aren't appealing anymore; they're not even that funny anymore. Even when I was rewatching Infinite Sesame Player, I didn't find it as funny as before. Yes, part of the reason can be that I know what happens, which is why I don't find it as funny, but I highly doubt it. I'm the type of person who can laugh at anything over and over again. At some point, I must have realized how pointless some variety shows were and decided to drop it for romantic dramas or even melodramas. But you know what? Perhaps my idols grew up, and so did I.

No comments:

Post a Comment