Sunday, April 10, 2016

April 10 - April 16: Songs of the Week

A while ago, I wrote a post about songs and concepts that I miss a lot. These songs are probably from 2010-2012, basically songs that I listened to when I started becoming a really big Kpop fangirl.

1) MBLAQ - This is War 
This is War came out in 2012 and I remember loving this song back then. I'm pretty sure this was actually the first song I heard from MBLAQ, or at least the first song (maybe only song) I liked from them. Their other songs are ehh, but hey, I don't have to like everything right? But I do like this movie like music video, although I guess it doesn't necessarily make that much sense. And as I talked about before, Lee Joon and Thunder left, as of 2014 and I haven't really kept up with them since.

2) BTOB - Insane 
Insane was BTOB's debut song, and actually the only song I like from them. Maybe it's that I didn't really listen to their other songs, but I feel like they started going for a cute concept or something and I felt like it wasn't really worth it. This was one of the groups that caught my eye since their debut, but I didn't really follow them after this song.
3) T-ara - Cry Cry
I really miss this era of T-ara. Too bad shortly after, they were caught in the bullying scandal when Hwayoung left. This song also comes with a pretty great drama like music video, but I only added the dance version instead because the original mv was too long. I still remember waiting for their comebacks because the stories all connected. I know this is a different song, but I was watching Day by Day and Sexy Love's videos (those are the same story) and noticed that Dani changed into Eunjung? I'm so confused.
4) Beast - Say No
I seriously forgot about this song until I randomly heard it on my playlist. I think this is one of my favorite Beast songs - I take that back, Fiction is my favorite. Anyway, both songs are so catchy and back then, I think Beast was one of my favorite groups, but I kind of stopped listening to them, just like I did for a lot of other groups.
5) U-Kiss - 0330
Okay yes, this song was my first U-Kiss song that eventually introduced me to everyone (in the group). I heard a lot of things about U-Kiss not being successful back then because they went about three years without even winning any awards (like the weekly performances on Inkigayo, etc). This song was so good, but why didn't they win anything? I loved it so much to the point I could sing the whole song without the romanization. Well, it's been 5 years so I don't remember much anymore and two of the members are already married. Things change so fast!
6) Miss A - Goodbye Baby
Miss A always has really good songs. This one was just my favorite because I actually bothered to memorize the whole dance for it. Although I don't remember it anymore, I'll still remember how much I loved it. Also with Miss A, I hope the other members get more recognition. A lot of people only care about Suzy, but the other members are just as talented.
7) Boyfriend - Janus 
I never kept up with Boyfriend because they started off with cute concepts and if you followed my other posts, you'll know that I don't like cute concepts. I might be wrong, but I think this was one of their first songs that didn't follow that concept. Also, I find it pretty cool that they have twins. I think Crayon Pop also has a set of twins in the group. I wonder how it's like; how do fans identify them?? Am I just really bad at identifying people?


No comments:

Post a Comment