Sunday, April 3, 2016

April 3 - April 9: Songs of the Week

I had an easier time picking out these songs, but following the theme for last week, these songs are songs that I like the best from more popular groups. For some, I wish the groups would continue doing concepts like these instead of what they are doing now.

1) Super Junior - Evanesce
Whenever I hear this song, I think of that time SuJu performed this and HeeChul blanked out and forgot to get on the rising stage. Derp. But anyway, I don't think this was a really promoted song, but I really like it. It's probably my favorite song from them. 

2) Red Velvet - Be Natural
I actually don't really like Red Velvet's concepts. Their songs are catchy, but I find them too funky for my liking. Be Natural is a little different. I love the style and the music video is actually not bad. It's a pretty nicely shot video.
3) GFriend - Rough
I always wanted to include this song on my "Song Releases" because it was fairly new back then, but I just never had the chance to. GFriend is pretty new (debut 2015) and I think when they debuted, people compared them to SNSD. I guess their debut song was similar to Into a New World, but now, I see more similarities to APink. Anyway, most of their songs are pretty similar, which is why people were able to make that "magic dance" or something by putting their songs and dances together. They're pretty good for rookies.
4) Girl's Day - Expectation
Expectation was probably the starting point when Girl's Day started becoming famous. Most of their songs now are similar to Expectation (concept wise). It's all sexy. Personally, I prefer sexy concepts over cute concepts. Maybe I'm just growing old and I can't deal with the cuteness anymore. Expectation is so catchy and I'm glad Girl's Day started releasing more songs like this.
5) BAP - One Shot
BAP is actually one of my favorite groups, but I feel like I never talk about them. One Shot is my favorite song from them and the music video is like a complete drama. I really like it when BAP does strong concepts - I mean if you debuted with Warrior, you can't really start doing cutesy concepts right? Like I have that manly image of you in my head, so don't make me cringe. I remember I followed BAP before their debut and I loved them so much. I'm so glad that they're back together after some company problems. Although I don't really know what happened between BAP and their company, I hope it's all solved now. And one note, TS Ent, please don't overwork these boys, and if you do, at least pay them enough.
6) EXID - Every Night
I absolutely loved this song before EXID became famous. I think it was around 2013, when I was getting into some underground music and I came across Jiggy Fellaz and realized that Elly later debuted with EXID as LE. I guess, being that it was the first song I knew from them, I loved it the most. Although I love their songs now, I hope they might do a concept like this. I feel like this song has more rapping and doesn't showcase their powerful vocals as much as their current songs now. Earlier, I was watching the video and I couldn't even recognize them because of all the dark makeup they put on for this concept. The music video is pretty interesting, not going to lie.
7) Infinite - Be Mine
Okay, since I talked about BAP, I have to talk about Infinite. Infinite is my other favorite group. I've been following them since late 2011 - early 2012 and loved them since. Wait, I think that's almost the same time as BAP. Anyway, Be Mine and Paradise were the first songs I heard from them and back then (and now!) they were known for their synchronized dancing, scorpion dance, etc. Love them so much. I love their songs now, but I think this was their best comeback.

No comments:

Post a Comment