Sunday, May 15, 2016

May 15 - May 21: Songs of the Week

This week features female soloists!

1) Kahi - It's Me
I can't get enough of this song, mainly because I love the music video...or because I love Kahi's abs. And she recently got married! Congrats!!

2) Lee Hyori - Bad Girls
I actually haven't heard this song is so long. And I just realized how fun this song was - the song itself and the music video.
3) Bom - You and I
This is also a really old song that I listened to a lot when I was first introduced to K-pop. Whenever I hear this song, I feel like crying because it actually brings back so many memories from that time. I also knew how to sing this song back then without looking at the lyrics. Moving on to the music video, IT IS SO SAD.  I just can't handle
4) Ha:tfelt - Ain't Nobody
This is one of the songs that just speaks into my heart. It's not that it speaks to me as in I could relate to it, it's that Yenny's voice gives me so much emotion. She's the best, seriously.
5) Ga In - Paradise Lost
Ga In's solo songs have always been 19+ and this is actually one of them too, if you read between the lines and put meaning to the scenes in the music video. But the thing is, Ga In and Brown Eyed Girls have always had 19+ music videos. It's either really sexy and provocative or really meaningful music, that speaks out to the public and the problems within society.
6) Yerin - Across the Universe
This song is more light and sweet compared to the others in this list.
7) Jessi - Excessive Love
I feel like I've been putting this song everywhere because it really needs to have more publicity. Jessi does have a really strong image and is known for her rapping, but it's good to see her singing too because I always knew her as a singer, not a rapper. Contrasting to her strong image, she actually seems like a sweet person if you get to know her. And yes, she's one of my role models.

No comments:

Post a Comment