Sunday, May 8, 2016

May 8 - May 14: Songs of the Week

I'll admit, these are actually getting harder to create. I forget what songs I have already included and I feel like I'm running out of songs as well, which is actually weird because there are so many songs out there! The only thing is whether I want to include it in the playlist or not, in many cases, I don't. I also want to make themes with my playlists, if you have noticed.

The theme for this playlist would be songs that shot groups into stardom. The thing is, I honestly may be wrong, but this is totally just my opinion.


1) Infinite - Paradise
I think Be Mine was the real song that shot Infinite into stardom, but since I included Be Mine in another playlist, I wanted to talk about Paradise this time. Honestly, Be Mine and Paradise was from the same era (Paradise was released right after Be Mine). And like I talked about last time, I would never get tired of listening to these two songs from Infinite (along with BTD). If I didn't choose Paradise, I probably would have chosen BTD/Before the Dawn because of the famous scorpion dance. Either way, Infinite is known for their very in-sync dances.
2) EXID - Up and Down
This song is pretty obvious. Nobody has ever heard of EXID until Up and Down, and now they're super popular. [I may have came off as rude for that comment, but I don't mean that. I'm really happy for them, but it just shows that concepts do matter.]
Also, I have no idea why but the song is really soft. I don't think it was this soft when I listen to it with earphones.
3) 9Muses - Dolls
I'm actually a big fan of 9Muses, so I don't actually know if they're really that popular because I follow them anyway. Dolls is my second favorite song, after Wild, which I had included in another playlist. I'm really not sure if Dolls or Wild was more received by the public, though Wild has a lot more views that all their other videos. Reality is, Wild is really sexy and I think that's what many viewers like.
4) Stellar - Marionette
Continuing the list of girl groups that became popular with sexy concepts, Stellar came out with Marionette a few years ago. While Stellar received backlash for that song, they also became famous for it. Aside from the provocative music video, Marionette is actually a really good song, but it seems like the song doesn't matter to people because all they care about is the music video. It's a pity that after Marionette, they weren't able to gain public's eye anymore.
Also, this song is rated 19+, so if you're not of age, I don't think youtube lets you watch it.
5) IU - Good Day
I heard that when IU first came out, she was criticized because her looks weren't up to Korean standards or something. Now, she lost weight and she's one of the prettiest stars, according to Korean netizens. Alright, whatever. Good Day and IU became famous mainly because of the three high notes. And she's been popular ever since, but I feel like she's trying to break out of that cutesy shell and try sexy concepts. Honestly speaking, IU is a really good singer, but her voice isn't a very strong one like Ailee or Hyorin. Whenever I think of IU, I think of a sweet and cute singer rather than a powerhouse.
6) VIXX - Eternity 
To be honest, I don't know what song made VIXX famous, but Eternity is a very addicting song, so I took a guess. My favorite song from VIXX is actually Error, but i guess you can say I like all their songs after their Eternity error. I think their concepts started to change and I like the change.
7) DMTN - E.R.
I loved this song for the longest time, but I don't know DMTN that well. I do know that they have another song after E.R. which was Safety Zone, but after that, they've pretty much been on hiatus because of one of their members and his marijuana scandal. There's actually a lot of stuff that happened that it's too much to talk about. It kinda of upsets me to see how much struggle this group went through, when they have so much potential. They would be up there with everyone else. I'm not blaming them for doing anything wrong. I just think they're a little unlucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment