Sunday, June 12, 2016

June 12 - June 18: Songs of the Week

And I'm back! This week is male soloists!

1) Eric Nam - Heaven's Door
Eric Nam is known for being an MC, but I can't believe people didn't know he also sings. Maybe it's because I knew him as a singer, and then he started doing a lot of variety shows afterwards. I love Eric Nam's personality and how well he gets along with everyone, especially Amber and Ailee. They're adorable together. And he's also doing We Got Married, so maybe I'll watch that too, but I really can't imagine him on We Got Married.

2) Sunggyu - Kontrol
I've heard people say that Sunggyu's solo debut was a failure, but I don't know. Maybe they're just bullying him and joking around like they always do. In reality, I really like his songs. Sunggyu has a really good voice. Congrats to the Infinite leader, who always wanted to go solo. Hahaha.
3) Henry - Trap
I see Henry as another Eric Nam. He is absolutely hilarious on variety shows, especially how clueless he pretends to be sometimes. Henry was also on We Got Married, except there was some controversy and it ended after a few weeks. I guess that's fine, We Got Married isn't thaaat interesting after all. Is it just me, or does he kind of remind me of Sunggyu in terms of looks?
4) G.Soul - You
Was he the trainee that every JYP artist has talked about for being a trainee for a really long time? I kind of wonder why JYP kept him hidden for so long, or maybe it was his own choice. Either way, I'm glad that he's out and I hope he continues to release soulful music like this.
5) Crush - Sometimes
I'm sure you know how much I love Crush. His voice is so beautiful. I wouldn't even be surprised if I added this song to another playlist (but I didn't, which is actually really surprising).
6) Zion.T - Two Melodies
I know, I always talk about how much I love Crush and Zion.T, and this song happens to feature Crush as well. I'm actually kind of sad Zion.T left his label, Amoeba Culture for YG (well, YG sub-label called Teddy label). I know that he'll continue to make really great music and all, but I'm just sad that he's not with Crush anymore. After all, Crush said that Zion.T was the one who reached out to him when he was about to give up and is the reason why he came this far today.
7) Seo In Guk - Broken
I can't believe this song came out five years ago. In contrast to how I see Eric Nam, I always saw Seo In Guk as an actor because he does so many dramas. The other day, my friend was telling me how she doesn't think he's that good looking, which I understand. I told her I liked him because of his character in Reply 1997 and that his main attraction is his mole near his left eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment