Tuesday, November 29, 2016

My Thoughts on 2NE1's Disbandment

Surprisingly, I wasn't surprised at the news.  +2NE1 used to be one of my favorite groups, back when I was in middle school. I loved their songs, I loved their styles, they were like role models to me. But then I moved on and as you can tell from my blog, I don't really follow music all that much anymore. I still like to follow hip hop artists and rappers, but that's it. There are just so many groups that are disbanding that I'm really surprised anymore, especially after 4Minute disbanded earlier this year. I wasn't a big fan of them at all and I actually didn't really like their songs either, but it's still heartbreaking.

The reason why I wasn't surprised at the news is that 2NE1 hasn't been active since 2014 after Park Bom's scandal broke out. I honestly don't know why people made it such a big deal because it was something that happened in 2010(?). I think it's an honest mistake and it didn't have to be blown out of proportion. I also don't get why people hate her so much because she got plastic surgery. Many people get plastic surgery and everyone has their own standards on being pretty. I don't think it's really that necessary to be criticizing others because it surely does hurt.

Earlier this year, Minzy had also left the group. I believe it was a good move since I honestly think Minzy was the most underrated member in 2NE1. She was so talented, but overshadowed by everyone else in the group and YG didn't even promote her that much. Did she even have a solo like all the other members had? I don't know much about Dara's activities, but I know CL has been doing a lot of solo promotions, trying to tackle the American market as well.

Everyone has been focusing on a lot of solo promotions with no definite group comeback, which could suggest that everyone has different goals on what they want to do now. I respect all the member's decisions, and I hope for the best for all of them. I'll miss you 2NE1.

The other day, I sang this at karaoke and it just gave me all the 2009 feels (technically 2010 because I got into K-pop in 2010).

No comments:

Post a Comment