Wednesday, November 30, 2016

November in Review

November sure is hectic, not that I had a lot of midterms going on, but a lot of assignments and pressure to get things done. I feel like I've been starting to post less and less, though it really reflects how active I am with watching and keeping up with shows. I know I definitely slowed down watching drama because the current dramas haven't been very attractive to me lately. Dramas aren't the only thing that run my life now, and this change scares me.

K-Dramas:
Let's start with The K2, which ended this month. I don't know why I like action dramas that much even when they're not that captivating. The K2 was the only complex drama that I felt like I understood and liked. I was disappointed that Im Yoona didn't have a bigger role in the drama, but I'm pretty satisfied by Song Yoona's character, Choi Yoo Jin. I'm pretty many other people also agree with me that this is probably the first bad guy that they liked. I loved how greedy she was and how attached she was to her riches that she would rather die with her artificial intelligence model (Mirror) than be saved. I loved how complex the character was and even under all those masks she wears, there's still a heart for K2.

I started Entourage this month, and although it didn't have a great first impression, I do find that it's becoming more captivating. I feel like I was a bit harsh to judge based on the first episode (but I still have to admit that the first few episodes were pretty crap). The plot is thin and I feel like there are a lot of unnecessary scenes, but it's not completely wrong to say that I'm watching it for the cast at this point. I always find myself coming back for Young Bin (Seo Kang Jun) and Ho Jin (Park Jung Min). I'm not very fond of the other two, Cha Joon (Lee Kwang Soo) and Turtle (Lee Dong Hwi), not because of the actors, but because their characters don't have a big role and have no depth. I sometimes half wish to just fast forward their scenes to watch Young Bin and So Hee or Ho Jin and Ji An. I can't stop laughing at how Ho Jin acts around Ji An; he's such a dork.

The Legend of the Blue Sea also premiered this month and I'm pretty excited for it. I feel like mermaid dramas are pretty funny to start with, but the only other mermaid drama I've watched was Surplus Princess, with the pervert mermaid. I'm pretty upset over the end of the Surplus Princess because it was cut short, and it seemed like the production team responded to the cut with a horrible ending. Legend of the Blue Sea is much more funnier than Surplus Princess, but it also doesn't have a really big plot line. In the end, I'm sure it's just a love story and nothing else, but we'll see how the rest of the drama is, because the first few episodes don't always tell the whole story.

K-Variety:
I know I've been talking about Unpretty Rapstar 3 for the past 4 months and still haven't finished it. I'm still in the process of writing a full review of it and will be out soon, whether I finish the season or not.

I'm super sad that news came out that Sister Slam Dunk is going to end. I hope they continue to make a second season with a superb cast. I understand that they're cutting the show because all the dreamers fulfilled their dream, but I definitely would miss all of them. I love how close and how well they all match each other. I honestly had my doubts at first because I thought they casted people with really different dynamics, but it worked out for the best. I actually didn't even know anyone except for Jessi, Tiffany and Ra Miran, so who am I to judge. But other than that, I honestly wish Tiffany was still part of them and was able to fulfill her dream as well.

Song Releases:
Zico x Crush x DEAN - Bermuda Triangle
BAP - Skydive
...& the rest of BAP's album. I've gotten so used to listening to full albums because I just want a really long playlist while I'm doing work, so I end up listening to BTS's Young Forever and their new album, Wings

No comments:

Post a Comment